Looking for a fun drink for your next special occasion? This fun twist on a mimosa is a definite crowd-pleaser and can work for morning, afternoon and evening events.
Say goodbye to food waste and hello to easy food prep with our new silicone ice trays from W&P Design!
I wanted to share with you my favorite salad at the moment. Inspired by Jamie Oliver, you can whip this up in minutes, and stay satisfied for hours!
Stasher Bags make meal prep and freezing meals in advance super duper easy, and we're here to show you a few tips and tricks to motivate you and get you started. Sometimes life happens and you just don't have time to cook a meal, but want something nourishing and homemade instead of picking over your pantry and fridge for whatever you can find.
DESIGNATE A TIME
I know firsthand how hard it can be to find time to do things that don't necessarily feel like a necessity, but setting aside 2-3 hours every week will save you time in the long run and will benefit you more than not. Lots of people like to do some meal prepping on Sundays, or at the very least two Sundays (or any day that works) a month. You might not think this will be enough time, but try it out and see for yourself. It WILL make a difference!
DOUBLE YOUR RECIPE
If finding time throughout the week to meal prep feels too hard, then you can choose to double your favorite recipes while cooking, and freeze the extra portion. It will hardly add any extra time to your day and will produce extra meals so easily. Before you know it your freezer will be stocked!
FREEZE YOUR FAVORITE SAUCES
Having pre-made sauces on hand can inspire a really quick meal. Seeing your favorite pesto or grandma's homemade marinara recipe chilling on the freezer shelf can invoke a desire for a warm pasta or veggie dish. Just freeze the sauces in the ice cube tray and pop them into your Stasher bag of choice once frozen. Then dividing out the portion you need could not be easier.
FREEZE BROTHS FOR SOUPS
This is definitely one of my favorite meal prep tricks. Making a soup is incredibly quick and easy if you have your preferred broth on hand. For my household, anytime we have a roast chicken and are low on stock, we slow cook the carcass and drippings for 24 hours to produce many portions of stock. Once cooked, we freeze in silicone trays and then transfer to our Stasher Stand Up until we're ready to use it. You can also freeze big batches of veggie or beef stock, whatever is your fav! Want to see one of my go-to soup recipes? Check it out HERE!
FOODS THAT FREEZE WELL
Needs some ideas of fabulous freezer meals? Well here you go!
Frittata, Quiche, Burrito, Lasagna, Soups, Chili, Stews, Banana Bread, Scones, All sauces like Bolognese and Marinara, Casseroles, Meatballs, Meat or Veggie Pies, Chicken Tikka Masala, Kebabs, Fish Cakes, Curried Potato Pasties, Cheeseburgers, French Fries, Sweet Potato Fries, Cannelloni, Homemade Fish Fingers, Fried Prawn Rice, Veggie Burgers and on and on it goes. Just google for more ideas!
WAYS TO REHEAT
Did you know that Stasher Bags can go straight from freezer to oven? Yes it can! Just leave the seal open, place it on baking sheet or oven-safe pan, and place it directly in the oven. Saves on time and on washing up too.
Personally we are not a microwave family and don't actually own one, but for those of you who are, Stashers can go in the microwave too! Just remember to leave the bag open when microwaving and it will be defrosted or cooked in minutes.
We hope these tips and tricks have given you a little inspiration towards streamlining your meal prepping and planning. And if you have any of your own ideas, please do share below in the comments. Our community would love to learn more!
Looking for ways to create a more sustainable bathroom? Let's take a step into my shower to give you some ideas, and check out the items I love to use the most in my bathing routine!
1. Plain Products Organic Liquid Shampoo & Conditioner: I have used shampoo bars before, but after some trial and error, this product has become my top choice for washing my locks. Organic, vegan and safe for the waterways, it's also packaged in a recyclable or reusable aluminum bottle with an aluminum cap. How awesome!
2. Bareaya Safety Razor: I've used a handful of razors along my safety razor journey, and this one is hands down the best. So easy to use without nicking yourself, great for both men and women alike, super beautiful and designed right here in Hong Kong. Big crush!
3. Olive Oil Soap Bar with Pearwood Soap Dish: I'm in love with this soap by Marius Fabre because of it's purity and moisturizing qualities. It may seem expensive, but it lasts much longer than other soaps, especially if you allow it to dry out in between uses. Handmade in France and cooked in a cauldron to traditional Marseille soap-making methods, it also requires very little packaging! And the soap dish? Well it's just plain gorgeous and looks great on my white tub:)
4. Natural Sea Sponge: Responsibly harvested by hand from the Mediterranean, these sponges are a perfect sustainable alternative to synthetic sponges, are super absorbent, lather very easily and gentle on all skin types. Care for it properly by squeezing it dry and air drying between uses, and it was also last a very long time. And the cherry on top? It makes a great natural bath toy for the kids!
5. Wooden Foot File: This ones all about the self-care! Extend the length of your pedicures and keep that dry skin at bay. For me one of these is a necessity if I want to keep my feet looking presentable, and what's better than a wooden option!
We think our 100% recyclable planner by Wisdom Supply Co is the best, and we're here to show you why. Check out our favorite features and how we like to use it to keep ourselves extra-organized.
- 2 pages for every week, so there is lots of room to include everything you need to remember
- Lay-flat binding design, so when you have it opened to the necessary week, it lays flat on its own without needing any help
- The cover and interior pages are made from 100% recycled material
- At the end of the year, it is 100% recyclable, just separate the pages from the binding and add to your paper recycling
- Printed with vegetable based inks
- Absolutely 100% plastic-free!
TIPS & TRICKS
In my household, there are three of us managing things: myself, my husband and our nanny, so using one of these makes communicating and keeping things running smoothly super easy.
On the lefthand page are three columns. I like to use the first one for actual appointments that are happening at a specific time. I don't usually have more than 2-3 appointments in one day, so this is enough space for me. But these could trickle into the 2nd column as well if needed. Then in the 2nd and 3rd columns, I like to put to-dos that can happen at any time during that day, for example booking future appointments, getting gifts for an upcoming birthday or getting admin done around the house.
On the righthand page, I like to write down weekly goals/to-dos or things that are happening on an ongoing basis, like my children's supplement schedules. This is also a great place to jot down meal ideas or your growing grocery list for the week.
And where you store your planner is also equally important, because if it isn't in a handy place, you're not going to use it. We keep ours nestled in between the cookbooks, so it's protected from kitchen messes but easy to grab when needed.
I also have one for my personal use to keep track of my work life, and carry it around with me in my backpack for easy use. You can see it here below!
I hope this helps you see how awesome this product is! We are huge fans and believe staying organized is crucial for a successful life. And if we can do it sustainably, even better!
Our new Stasher bag to join the party is small but mighty! You'll find the pocket size super useful for all the little things in your life and it looks so pretty too. For your daily on-the-go activities, the office, the home or on your next traveling adventure, you'll find they always come in handy. Here are 40 ways to use them, and we're sure there are much more!
Keep your on-the-go essentials organized
1. Snacks - take a handful of almonds to-go or save a half-eaten health bar
2. Supplements - stash them in pill or powder form
3. Medicine - ibuprofen, cough drops, homeopathic remedies
4. Menstrual cup - both sides of the pocket stasher are frosted for discretion
5. Hair clips & hair ties - finally so much easier to find
6. Jewelry - transform from day to night with extra sparkles in your stasher
7. Make-up - stash midday touch up essentials like our lip tints or deodorants
8. Cards & Cash
9. Coins for laundry
10. Earbuds / phone charger
11. Essential oils
12. Crystals - take your aura with you wherever you go
Choose Your Adventure
13. Shampoo bar
14. Mini first-aid - stash bandages, alcohol wipes, ointment and aloe
15. Keep matches dry when you’re camping
16. Bring parmesan to a picnic
17. Pack salt for margaritas on a beach retreat
18. Stash a festival survival kit - lip balm, bandaids, bug spray, mints / chewable toothpaste, sunscreen
19. Small allen/hex keys for long-distance cycling
20. Tiny climbing gear like nuts, anchors and slings
21. Golf tees
Stash Around The House
22. Small leftover fruits and veggies - save the other half of your jalapeno, or that handful of berries your toddler demanded and then refused.
23. Loose leaf tea - stash a special blend
24. Keys for doors around the house
25. Herbs - save your sage, thyme, rosemary and more
26. Garlic cloves
27. Homemade Pesto
28. Seeds for gardening
29. Pet treats
30. Craft notions - buttons, bobbins, tape measures, etc.
31. Bolts and washers - no screws or nails!
32. Spare shoelaces and bra straps
33. Mini ice pack
34. Exercise bands
For the Office
36. Business cards
37. Rubber bands
38. Paper clips
39. Flash drives
40. Sticky tack
SEE ALL STASHER BAGS HERE
We often get asked how to properly dispose of safety razor blades here in Hong Kong, so we figured it was time to share some info on this topic! We recently asked Majorie, the founder of our favorite safety razor brand Bareaya, to help us with these details and this is what she had to share with us...
"Recycling in Hong Kong is always a challenge, because it's difficult to know where to go, and you can't always be sure of what will become of the waste.
First things first: razor blades cannot and should not be thrown loose in the metal recycling bin. It would be a hazard for people handling them as they can cut through the trash bags.
In HK, you also have to know that the general municipality waste management system doesn't take back used blades for recycling. That being said, we do have a multitude of small collection shops and a website to search for them. For razor blades, like for anything out of the ordinary, my go-to website is this one:
If you enter "collector", then "Ferrous Metals" (shaving blades are usually stainless steel), and your district, you'll have a list of those small shops.
Because shaving blades are so tiny, it can take years to fill up a small container. Personally, I brought a tin of blades for recycling only once in HK. I went to 58 Second Street in SYP and a nice lady told me that yes they would be happy to take them as it's easy to recycle."
Awesome information, thanks Marjorie!
🌟 Bonus tip: change the blade as soon as you feel the shave is not as close as it used to be. It is usually around 5 to 10 shaves but will vary from one person to another. Always rinse and let the blade and razor dry after use to get the best of their lifespan potential.